Spiced Apple Tea
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 3 cups water
- 5 individual tea bags
- Additional cinnamon sticks if desired
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, cloves and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Remove from heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Strain juice mixture, discarding cloves and cinnamon. Stir into tea.
- Serve warm with additional cinnamon sticks if desired.
- Servings 5
- Serving Size 1 cup
- 47 calories
- trace fat (trace saturated fat)
- 0 cholesterol
- 3 mg sodium
- 12 g carbohydrate
- trace fiber
- trace protein
- From: Diabetic Connect.com